Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spooooky

October seems like a good time to share some of my favorite Disco Years horror films. I consider myself quite the horror flick aficionado . . .

- The Omen (1976) and Damien: Omen II (1978) – These movies did such an excellent job of creating an uneasy, tense vibe that I found myself scared even during the non-scary parts. Two of the best movies ever, horror or not.


- Halloween (1978) – Jamie Lee Curtis’ first movie. I felt like I was running from bad old Michael Myers right there with her!


- Jaws 2 (1978) – I’m probably one of the only people who liked this sequel as much as the classic original, maybe because I was a kid when I first saw it and this one had more teenagers in it. The scene with Ann Dusenberry and her boyfriend on that little boat when you-know-who attacks really got me!


Carrie (1977) – A truly twisted, scary movie. It’s a little disturbing that I was actually glad when Carrie started racking up the corpse count in the third act…except when it looked like she was getting poor Amy Irving!


Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) – Excellent re-make. I promise you’ll lose your breath during the last 5 seconds of this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment